X-RAY POWDER DIFFRACTION LABORATORY
The X-ray diffraction (XRD) laboratory of the IGAG in Cagliari carries out its activity mainly for mineralogical analysis to support the scientific research within the IGAG projects and collaborations, for the characterization of solid materials and checking of laboratory experimental processes.
It offers analytical and scientific support in the context of various collaborations mainly with the University of Cagliari and, in particular, with the Department of Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering, which hosts our laboratories.
Our XRD laboratory is currently active in the following research topics:
- “Recovery of Cobalt from Hard Metals (HM)”, Innovative PhD in industrial characterization – PON R&I 2014-2020.
- “Leaching method for the selective Co dissolution and recovery from hard metals waste”, PhD in Earth and Environmental Sciences and Technologies, University of Cagliari, XXXII cycle (2017-2020).
- “Valorization of mining and metallurgical residues through biohydrometallurgy processes”, PhD of the University of Cagliari in Earth and Environmental Sciences and Technologies, Cycle XXXV.
- Characterization of stone materials and mortars of antiquity in the field of Cultural Heritage conservation and valorization.
CNR – IGAG, c/o Dipartimento di Ingegneria Civile Ambientale e Architettura - Università degli Studi di Cagliari, Via Marengo 2 - 09123 Cagliari (CA)
Dott. Stefano Cara
- Rigaku GeigerFlex DMax/B
- Cu X-Ray Tube
- Verical Gomiometer
- Graphite Monocromator
- MDI DataScan V.5 Software